April 8, 2011

Life Source - Week 12 - Day 3 ** Conclusion

We have come to the end of our journey through the gospel of John.  And I can close where I began ... I love this book!  For me, it paints the most beautiful picture of Jesus, Messiah ... my Lord and my God. 

I love to see again His compassion on people in pain.  It genuinely cares about the hurting and the suffering that exist in this old fallen world.  And it reminds me that He has that same compassion toward me ... in the places of hurt ... in the inflicted wounds which I suffer.  I find comfort there.  I find strength there.  That is my Lord!

It thrills me to watch His interactions with the ones closest to Him.  Those interactions are personal, intimate and non-judgmental.  Those interactions are focused on Jesus leading His followers into growth ... maturity ... God-likeness.  And it reminds me that He has has the same desire for me.  He directs me toward growth.  He shows me what it looks like for a human being to behave in God ways.  And He tells me to follow in His footsteps.  Imitate ... imitate as I become.  Copy until those behaviors are as natural as breathing.  That is my Lord!

I am sobered again at the cost He paid to have intimacy and restoration of relationship with humanity ... with me.  It leads me deeper into the place of gratitude and love.  That is my Lord!

As we close this study, it is April, 2011.  Easter will be here in 2 weeks.  This particular blog spot will rest for the remainder of the month.  The next study will be announced later in May.  But I have a suggestion for us for these next 3 weeks.  I plan to read John through again before this month ends ... join me?  There are 21 chapters ... and, beginning today, there are 23 days before the month ends.  Easter is late this year ... so we will be in the middle of the Passion of our Lord when our churches are reflecting on the same life-altering event.  Immerse yourself in the Lord ... let His words wash over you ... let His strength hold you up ... let His love encourage you ... let His gift of Himself save you. 

He came that we might have life ... and have it to the full, abundantly.  (John 10:10)  Jesus truly is the source of life ... the spring from which living water flows ...

His offer is life ... unending and full ... so, LIVE!


In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.  He was with God in the beginning.
Through Him all things were made; without Him nothing was made that has been made.  In Him was life, and that life was the light of me.  The light shines in the darkness ...
To all who received Him, to those who believed in His name, He gave the right to become children of God - children born not of natural descent, nor of human decision or a husband's will, but born of God.
The Word became flesh and made His dwelling among us.  We have seen His glory, the glory of the One and Only, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth.
(John 1: 1 - 3, 12 - 14)

1 comment:

  1. AnonymousJune 04, 2011

    I am finishing this late but wanted to thank you for all the time and thought you put into sharing this blog with us. I guess I missed your May announcement. Is there going to be a summer study? Thanks again, and may God bless your blog!

    ReplyDelete