November 18, 2009

Ephesians: Conclusion

We have come to the end of this particular journey. How I have enjoyed taking it with you! I have developed a deep love for the book of Ephesians and a deeper love and appreciation for Paul. My prayer is that you, as well, have been blessed by the weeks we have spent looking carefully into these precious words.



To summarize this splendid letter ... I want to remember deep in my spirit ...




I have every imaginable (and even those I cannot imagine!) blessing in Christ in the spiritual realm. He has brought me, a Gentile, into the family of God. He has drawn us near to Him, breaking down the barrier wall between Jew and Gentile. He has revealed His great mystery - that Jew and Gentile are united together, in Christ, into one new entity - the church.



Therefore, in light of such astounding truth, my task is to walk worthy of that position. How do we do that? Paul tells us ...

  • We walk - not as Gentiles ... not as unbelievers


  • We walk - in love ... which effects everything I do and say


  • We walk - in light ... no longer intrigued by the things done in "darkness"


  • We walk - in wisdom ... listening to and heeding the words from God


  • We walk - in victory ... wrapped in the fullness of God Himself


Let's close by saying to each other across the miles and the electronic waves ...

Praise God from Whom all blessings flow

Praise Him all creatures here below

Praise Him above ye heavenly hosts

Praise Father, Son and Holy Ghost.

Amen.

Our next study will be ... "A Light in the Darkness: Elijah and Elisha" by Casandra Martin. We will begin the second week in January, 2010. If you would like to purchase the study guide that our women's classes at Bammel Church will be using ... it can be purchased at 21st Century Publishers. You can find the study guide at: www.21stcc.com

I pray that you enjoy a wonderful holiday season. May there be more joy than heartache and more peace than chaos!

Grace and peace ...



No comments:

Post a Comment