November 23, 2011

Conclusion

It's the day before Thanksgiving, 2011.  I want to thank God for each of you who have walked with me through this study focusing on some of the Minor Prophets.  It has not been easy, no?!  But you have faithfully stayed the course. 

On my wedding day in 1969, my Dad had slipped into my room early in the morning and left a written prayer on the pillow beside me for me to find when I awoke.  That piece of paper is precious to me!  Through that venue, my Dad allowed me to see a part of his heart toward me.  It revealed to me his dreams for me, his child, as I entered marriage. 

I see scripture as just such a "revealing" - though on a much more profound level.    ALL of scripture allows us to get a glimpse of the heart of God toward us.  And this study of Minor Prophets ... difficult as it has been ... allows us to see the heart of God.

When we closed our day class last week, I asked each person to focus on a primary "take away" lesson from the series and share that with us.  Wonderful lessons surfaced ... important truths ... anchors for our souls.  Things such as ...

Our God is truly an AWESOME God!
God means what He says.
Amazed at the patience of God.
God wants our hearts ... He did then ... He does today.
Erosion is what happened to Israel.  It can happen to me.
Beware lip service and religious ritual ... it can subtlely take the place of God.

What is yours?  What has God impressed upon your heart as you have studied these little and powerful books?  What will you "take away" that will effect your life?  What will make a difference?  Those of us involved in this online study would love to hear from you! 

Our next study will be the book of Philippians.  It will begin the second week in January.  May God richly bless your holiday season with things that matter.  Watch for His presence and His hand in your days.  Keep your eyes fixed on Jesus ... the author and perfecter of your faith.  And let the joy of the Lord be your strength!


No comments:

Post a Comment