January 26, 2009

Lesson 3: Open Your Eyes

I am excited to see what our next step in this study will place in our laps! Let me share with you my major "take home" lessons from our first two weeks.
Lesson 1: You're Sleeping! I learn from Josiah to never underestimate my influence over those around me - even those I cannot see. The Word of the Lord was found and reestablished as the standard under Josiah. Idolatry was dealt a blow. And the result could be seen generations down the path. Daniel, Ezra, Ezekiel ... all these God-followers in the coming generations can thank God for the work of Josiah. Never underestimate your influence ...

Lesson 2: Wake Up! I learn from Ezekiel to not focus on the muck and mire that can surround me but to look up. I learn that God does condescend to communicate with mankind. And that mankind can receive the communication. I praise God for His desire and willingness to condescend - to even me!

Now we are ready to move into Lesson 3. This week our verses are going to come from Exodus 33-34. First, as an overview, read those 2 chapters in one sitting ... no notes right now ... just read for content and context. Then we will move into specifics ... pencil in hand!

Work the 5-Step process on:

Day 1: Exodus 33: 12 - 14
Day 2: Exodus 33: 15 - 17
Day 3: Exodus 33: 18 - 23
Day 4: Exodus 34: 29 - 32

May God bless your study this week ...

No comments:

Post a Comment