May 14, 2010

May 14 - Proverbs 14

Chapter 14 begins with the words: A wise woman builds her house ...
Of course we are not talking about construction here.  This verse is speaking about the building of a home - the knitting together of family and the day-by-day routine of creating a happy and comfortable place for a family to live.  Women do that.  And wise women do it well.  Perhaps recognizing the emphasis that this wisdom writer places on it ... perhaps we will do it better today than we did yesterday! 

I also found myself pausing at verse 15.  "A prudent man gives thought to his steps."   I see in these few words the importance of intentional living.  I see the importance of thinking through where I will choose to walk, the paths I will choose to take.  I often think of the way pool balls, when struck, ricochet off the sides of a pool table.  I don't want to live my life that way - bouncing off every circumstance and event because I hit up against it.  My steps will follow in the footprints of my Lord - one step at a time.  That's intentional ... that's giving thought to your steps. 

So ... today ... Lord, a want to step behind You today with every step I take.  Through Your Spirit, may I respond to others, react to my circumstances, speak with friends and coworkers, family members as You would speak with them.  I choose it ... intentionally with all of my will.  And by Your power I will do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment